Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chapter 1 - Open your eyes to the people around you

A new blog for myself, and this time I'm not writing about myself. It'll be about things that are happening around me from the psycological aspect/view. What you see and hear around you, may not be what it seems because there are hidden truths that people had kept in the corner for a very, very long time.

Some of my posts might already be common sense in your head, but even if it's something you know, you might not have thought of it.

Without further ado, let's begin.

Chapter 1 - Open your eyes to the people around you

Now that I've been to the working world, it didn't take long for me to discover what is actually happening to majority of the people that are in the industry. You would remember the innocent world and people you once knew, when they say something, they mean it, because they loved it.

They have ambitions, dreams, hobbies... And then as time passes, they start to realize they have to change to be accepted/to have a "future", so they took a first step into the fake world. This fake world I'm talking about is as I named it, fake, and lies. While they might not be lying to other people, they are indeed lying to themselves.

Some of you who are reading this might find this similar to you. These people, drops their hobbies, their memories, their interest to get accepted by things like money, position, ranks, etc. Here's a sample dialogue.

"I let go of my hobbies because I now know I have a future that I want and it'll be my only concentration in life."
"I didn't like what I was doing at first, but when I know this field is good in money making, I immediately fell in love with it."

They are not lying to us. But they are lying to themselves. It might be possible after a few years, but it is definitely impossible for a person to change in the shortest amount of time ever. And to do it, you have to be one of the craziest people in the world. My college principal might be an example. He locks himself in his room for 1 whole week to do his hobby and just his hobby.

Don't give me craps like, I like this, so I'm throwing everything else. One of those people told me what they said at the second sentence I mentioned and now he's stuck in between reality and the fake world and he's having trouble wanting to be accepted by the community that loves money
and the real world of himself.

There are people that will influence you with their motivational talks about money, positions, and bright future. You'll force yourself to live that way, and don't even know it.

I do not believe that if I bring along my interest and hobbies, I won't be able to climb up and earn cash. It's all about time management, and if you really planned out your future efficiently.

In the working industry, you have two choices. It's still up to you.

1. Be who you are, do what you like, and rush for the top.
2. Be someone else, do what he likes, and rush for the top.


Next chapter - Fear is not what it seems

1 comment:

ashe said...

Hey, Alcyone

a meaningful post...great one...glad to see you back..

*hopefully you are who i thought you are*..sei ah bun....hehe